Utility Security Services
Lingwood Security Management deliver protective security to our national utility infrastructure.
We can supply guards that are trained in SHEA Gas and SHEA Power. Safety Health and Environmental Awareness (SHEA) training was developed in collaboration with industry to provide a uniform approach to health, safety and environmental awareness training across the utilities sector, in line with Health and Safety Executive guidelines.
We also supply BESC trained guards. The Basic Electrical Competence for Access, Movement & Egress (BESC:AME) scheme is for individuals who are required to carry out duties on or near operational plant and equipment in electricity transmission and/or distribution environments.
Energy and utility security work often involves deployment of guards in remote areas and more challenging scenarios. All of our utility security operatives are fully uniformed at all times and carry all of the necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) with them, supplied and approved by head office.
Our security guards are highly competent operators; each holding the correct pre-requisites and certifications to work on energy and utility sites, including substations, compounds and development projects, including repair, renewal and upgrades across the UK networks.
- Outstanding Team – we are proud of our utility operatives as their attention to detail is second to none. Energy and utility sites are very dangerous places, both for workers and for the general public, so they require a highly competent security team to look after them.
- Fully Qualified – Lingwood Security Management hold all relevant accreditations for working in the utility industry, through Achilles. Each Officer holds a valid SIA Licence, is screened and vetted to BS7858.
- Counter Terrorism - all of our guards are trained in Counter Terrorism Awareness to mitigate the ever-present threat posed by extremists.
- Rapid Response – our utility security operatives can be deployed quickly and efficiently across the UK with just a couple of hours’ notice. This has previously allowed us to step in and help our clients at very short notice, leading to strong long-term relationships.
Tailored to your budget and requirements
In the current economic climate we understand that budgets are tight. With this in mind we have cleverly tailored our utility security service to use the latest technology and keep costs low, without compromising on security measures or quality performance.
We can deliver a bespoke manned utility security solution to match your exact needs, and your exact budget. Speak to one of our team to find out how we can help.
Don’t just take our word for it…
“I have worked for four years on projects with Lingwood Security and never had any issues.”
Nick Lowe, Senior Quantity Surveyor for Walney Onshore Substation - AMEY
About Lingwood Security
- Highly trained SIA-licensed security officers
- Achilles accredited and RISQS approved
- PTS, BESC or SHEA trained Guards
- A fully accountable, well-managed security company
- Affordable, flexible security solutions
- Experienced, smart, professional and dedicated security guards
- Uniformed or plain clothed security guards
- An accurate electronic timekeeping system that shows exact patrols of your site
- A self-sufficient security company that provides welfare facilities
- One security company to cover all of your security requirements across the UK
- Short notice manned security cover
Lingwood Security is a Security Industry Authority (SIA) certified contractor.